SHOW SCHEDULE AND PRIZEMONEY.
Classes 1 to 12 – Dendrobium speciosum
1: Dendrobium speciosum var speciosum – seedling
2: Dendrobium speciosum var curvicaule – seedling
3: Dendrobium speciosum var grandiflorum – seedling
Prizemoney Classes 1 to 3……….1st $40, 2nd $20
4: Dendrobium speciosum – any other variety seedling
5: Dendrobium speciosum – inter-varietal seedling
Prizemoney Classes 4 & 5……….1st $25, 2nd $15
6: Dendrobium speciosum var. speciosum
7: Dendrobium speciosum var. curvicaule
8: Dendrobium speciosum var. grandiflorum
Prizemoney Classes 6 to 8……….1st $75 plus trophy, 2nd $25
9: Dendrobium speciosum any other variety
Prizemoney Class 9……….1st $50, 2nd $25
10: Dendrobium speciosum inter varietal – var pedunculatum as one parent
11: Dendrobium speciosum any other inter varietal
Prizemoney Classes 10 & 12……….1st $50, 2nd $25
Classes 12 to 18 – Other Australian & Australasian Species
12: Dendrobium kingianum – (all colours)
13: Dendrobium tetragonum
14: Sarcanthinae species
15: Dendrobium section Rhizobium (Dockrillia) Australian species
16: Dendrobium section Rhizobium (Dockrillia) Australasian species
17: Any terrestrial species
18: Any other Australian or Australasian species
Prizemoney Classes 12 to 18……….1st $25, 2nd $15
Classes 19 to 31 – Australian & Australasian Hybrids
19: Primary Hybrid with Den speciosum as one parent.
20: Any other primary hybrid.
21: Secondary hybrid with Den speciosum as the species parent – white, cream, yellow
22: Secondary hybrid with Den speciosum as the species parent – any other colour
23: Dendrobium section Rhizobium (Dockrillia) hybrid
24: Any Hot/Cold hybrid – predominantly pink
25: Any Hot/Cold hybrid – any other colour
26: Any other Dendrobium hybrid – yellow or gold
27: Any other Dendrobium hybrid – white or cream
28: Any other Dendrobium hybrid – pink, mauve, lavender, purple or red.
29: Any other Dendrobium hybrid not included in classes 26 to 28.
30: Any Sarcanthinae hybrid.
31: Any terrestrial hybrid.
Prizemoney Classes 19 to 31……….1st $25, 2nd $15
32: Junior Growers – Any Australian or Australasian species or hybrid
Prizemoney……….1st $50 plus trophy, 2nd $25
33: Hybrid Seedling – see conditions
Prizemoney……….1st $80 plus trophy, 2nd $40
Grand Champion – Dendrobium speciosum $200 plus trophy
(from classes 1 to 11 ) Donated by Phil Ritchie
Reserve Champion – Dendrobium speciosum $100 plus trophy
(from classes 1 to 11 ) Donated by Kempsey Heights Bowling Club
Champion Dendrobium Speciosum Seedling Ist $100 plus trophy, 2nd $50 , 2nd $50
(from classes 1 to 5) Donated by Phil Ritchie
Champion Species – other than D. speciosum $50
(from classes 12 to 18) Donated by Phil Ritchie
Champion Hybrid – from classes 19 to 32 $200 plus trophy
Donated by Earth to Joy Orchids
Reserve Champion Hybrid – from classes 19 to 32 $100 plus trophy
Donated by Earth to Joy Orchids
Colin Brandon Trophy – from classes 19, 21 & 22 Trophy donated by
Warren & Caroline Simpson
Most Successful Exhibitor 1st $100 plus trophy, 2nd $50
Donated by ANOS Mid North Coast
Most travelled orchid $100 plus trophy. 2nd $50
(any class) Donated by Phil Ritchie
Awards ANOS Mid North Coast Group will sponsor nomination fees for ANOS awards and entries to Bill Murdoch & Ira Butler or Hermon Slade trophy judging for Grand Champion & Champion Hybrid. Other award nominations are at exhibitors expense.
- All entries are free and open to financial members of ANOS, an ANOS Group, or affiliated society of OSNSW and affiliates.
- The show marshall/ANOS representatives reserve the right to;
- reject any entry that is considered to be diseased or infested with pests,
- add or delete classes in consultaton with the judging panel.
- Entries shall be received on the basis that ANOS shall take all reasonable care of exhibits, but ANOS or its sponsors shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction or damage to such exhibits, and the exhibitor shall have no claim against ANOS or its sponsors.
- Judges will be appointed by ANOS and their decisions will be final.
- It is the policy of ANOS Inc to neither accept nor reject taxonomic changes.
- A seedling is a complete plant which has been grown from seed and is flowering for the first time. Speciosum seedlings will only be entered in the seedling classes and are not eligible for judging in other classes but will be eligible to be considered for Grand Champion & Reserve Champion.
- Hybrid seedlings will only be judged in class 33
- The most travelled orchid is the orchid which has been brought the greatest distance from its home by its owner travelling the most direct route from that location.
- For the purposes of class 32, a junior grower shall be any person under the age of 18 years.
- Primary hybrids shall be regarded as hybrids of two species. Labels showing parents required.
- Secondary hybrids shall be regarded as crosses between a species and a hybrid. Labels showing parents required.
- The Col Brandon trophy will be awarded to the plant from Classes 19, 21 & 22 which best exhibits the desirable features of Dendrobium speciosum when used in the breeding of hybrids